Monday, February 19, 2007

You are not alone

Why do we try to act strong all the time? Why are we afraid sometimes to show our true emotions, our fears? Someone I know, and love very much, is facing something that is scarey to her and to the rest of us. Yet, she puts on the brave face as to not worry those around her, but in reality, closes off a part of her. When she lets that guard down, then is when we get a true glimpse of what she is feeling, what she is going through. She cried, and we wrapped our arms around her. We are not alone. God is with us and wants to take those fears and worries. He wants to hold us and comfort us. Just as I wrapped my arms around her, God wraps His arms around her. So I offer this prayer to her. I pray that she continue to lean on God. That He continue to hold her up and help her through this time of uncertainty. I pray that she find the strength in Him and let Him carry her worries and fears. And I pray that she know how much she is loved and that she can turn to us, her family and friends, for love, support, and prayers. I send her my snow angel as a reminder of God's love.


You are not alone!

1 comment:

Jess said...

What a great post and what a great reminder...to fully trust in God and his plan...to give Him our all...even our worries and fears and trust that he will walk or carry us every step of the way. I of course wish the best for your friend and know that God will bless her greatly! Love you lots! Jess