Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Family!...It's A Long One!

I have been thinking a lot about my family recently. I am so thankful that I live right down the road from my sis and brother-in-law and their family. Everyone knows how close we are. Our blogs even show how close we are. But as much as I love them, and as special as my relationship with my sister is, I find myself thinking about the rest of my family.

Seeing my brother, niece, and nephew this weekend was definitely a highlight of thanksgiving. There isn't a lot in common between all of us, but we always have fun when we are together, and I always look forward to seeing them! My brother is an amazing man. He is definitely accomplished, but most importantly, he is a good father. He has introduced his son and daughter to so much and makes time for them. He doesn't just drop them off at each of their games, but cheers them on. He may have a great house, a great job, work at being proficient at all of his many hobbies, but in my eyes he is a good father. My nephew and niece are growing up way too fast! I am just amazed at how their personalities are growing and changing. They are helpful, creative, smart, athletic, funny, and just great young adults!

Cute little Grace ended up giving Jess and I her deathly cold this weekend. Okay, not so deathly, but not a big fan of being sick! I spent all of Monday curled up in bed trying to breathe, trying to make my head stop throbbing. And as I laid there I thought about how much I missed my parents. I could have used mom's miracle grilled cheese sandwiches that she always made when we were sick and that always seemed to make us feel better. I could have used dad's big chair as we would sit with him watching great shows like M.A.S.H, Magnum P.I., etc...feeling safe knowing we would feel better soon.

I know I have mentioned family a lot recently, but it is just hard to get across how special they are me. Maybe it is the holiday season that is making me think about them often, or maybe it is finally realizing just how special my family is. Either way, I love them and they are on my mind and in my heart. I know we all have family that may not live close enough to see very often, but it just means that we cherish the time we do spend with them that much more!

Just had to share how special these people are!

3 comments:

Jess said...

Great post Jenn!!! I feel the same way! It was so awesome to have the family together for Thanksgiving! Definitely something to be thankful...unlike this cold that we got as you mentioned too. But we will survive and I am sure it will happen a lot more :) Great post, great family, great life! Love you lots!

Angela said...

I know how you feel about family! And when you're sick, there's nothing like the comfort of Mom and Dad!
Love ya!

Dina said...

I know EXACTLY what you mean about family! I am so glad that you got to see everyone and spend time together. I am also glad you are feeling better, minus the goose talk!!! hahaha - oh what fun it is to have Dina for a roomie (it's a little song). Okay, enough rambling. night, love you!!!