Monday, July 24, 2006

Use Me!

Yes, I am actually praying to be used. Sometimes I look at who I am. I think about how small I am...and how uncoordinated I am sometimes ;). I think about the amount of time it takes me to comprehend something...and all the information I still don't understand and may never understand. I think about the circumstances I have been through and all the struggles I faced...and all the wrong decisions I made along the way. And out of all of that I can't help but ask the questions...what can God possibly see in me?...How can He use me? When I hear about all that is going on in the world....when I am in a crowd of people and feel overwhelmed, my eyes are open to the vastness that exists...and I begin to think...what can I do?

This weekend, I came across the scripture about the body of Christ. As I began to read each word, I began to realize, that though I am weak in areas, God is with me and has created me for a purpose. I may not know what that purpose is but I do know that I am a work in progress and that I am a part of the body of Christ and can do all things by letting Him use me...my body, my mind, and my heart.

I look at my hands, and though small, they can reach out to others. They can hold someone up. They can help carry burdens. They can create something for someone. They can show love through touch. I look at my legs and know that I can run to someone who needs me. I can walk with someone who needs to talk. I can chase my neice around creating a bond with her as she laughs with the anticipation of being caught. My eyes allow me to see the good in people. They allow me to see the needs of a community. They are eyes that allow me to connect with others just by making eye contact. They allow me to show emotion. My ears listen to the joys and concerns of those around me. My mouth can speak words of comfort, hope, love. My heart is open. My heart feels, cares, loves, hopes, grows...my heart is vulnerable. It is vulnerable to allow others in, to allow Christ to work in me, to be open to all those around me.

1 corinthians 12:27
Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.

I may not be much, but I can be used. I pray that God uses me to fulfill His will....I pray that He uses all of me...for I am a part of the body of Christ! We all are a part of the body of Christ...and isn't that exciting?

3 comments:

Jess said...

Oh my goodness, what a great post! It is funny how we ask God to use us, but we don't always see that he already is. You know I look at you, and how small you are :)...and I can already see Him working in you! You have grown leaps and bounds and I really look up to your openness and your christian attitude. It has been a while since I have seen your true passion...your passion to help...your passion to share...and your passion to love. I missed it :) But now I am just swimming in your passion for life. Thank you for sharing your life with others and me so that we can grow in your love, encouragement, and words. I am truly truly truly blessed as well as everyone else is too. So I think you should pray for God to CONTINUE to use you, because he is already working in you :)...and I see that everyday! It is truly exciting that God has a plan and purpose for each one of us!!! Love you tons and tons!

Anonymous said...

Thank you Jenn...for writing this blog. God only knows how true all that you said is. It is amazing that you can take a step back ( or forward ) and relize his works in your life. May God Bless you as you are giving.

Love, Melanie

Alicia said...

Wow! What an inspirational post! God wants to do wonderful work in each of us if we will just let him. It sounds like you are so open to what his plans are for you. You definitely have the gift of writing. Great job and God bless!