Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Headlines

TWIN SISTER IGNORES BRILLIANT SISTER'S ATTEMPTS TO DISCUSS WORLD NEWS :)
I know my sister tends to drift off when I am sharing recent news headlines and stories with her. Not because she doesn't care, but because I seem to share everything I read with her and she has an amazing heart that tends to ache for those she hears about, though she doesn't know them. A lot of people tend to avoid the news or what is going on in the rest of the world because they believe that it is all just depressing. I admit it. A lot of what I read in the news tends to be on the negative side.
BREAKTHROUGH: PROGRAM OFFICER DISCOVERS AN UPLIFTING ARTICLE IN BETWEEN ARTICLE ON WAR AND ARTICLE ON DROWNINGS
But there are those uplifting stories that tend to be a nice break. They are the articles that provide hope. You know the stories of a community that has come together to support and provide for a family who just faced a fire. The stories of a youth group that raised money for a particular cause. Or the stories of a school that came together to create a memorial garden for students and teachers who have passed away.
HEADLINES SHOW NEED AND SPARK MOVEMENTS
Maybe it is the position I am in or the field I work in, but keeping up with the news, though negative most times, allows me to see the needs that still exist. I truly believe that if it weren't for some of these heartbreaking stories, some wonderful things wouldn't have developed. People wouldn't know about the fire that destroyed a family, and a community wouldn't have come together. Youth wouldn't know of any causes to support. We wouldn't be able to see the positive actions that take place in our own communities.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR
I don't really have anything special to reveal through this random post. Just want to thank you for reading and hope that you know what is going on in the world and maybe think about what you can do to help. The news is a reflection of life...there are bad times...but there are good times...and it all is worth going through as active participants.

2 comments:

Jess said...

Wonderful post!!! That was so creative and everythig you said rang true! Even the part where you make me sad by sharing the stories :) But I am glad you do, or I will be in my little bubble not knowing what the outside happenings are. You are right...life comes with the bad and the great times....luckily for us, God throws more awesome and joyful times our way :):):) Thanks so much for sharing...as always...you are a true blessing! love you tons and tons and tons

Alicia said...

Nice post! It is SOOO important to remember those good times especially when life absolutely SUCKS and doesn't seem fair! Thanks for reminding me to think about the blessings of life!