Monday, April 28, 2008

Send Me...

Many of you know of my desire to enter the mission field. I continue to pray about it and just feel God's guidance to share His love and hope with those in other countries. There are moments when I feel the heavy burden of selling everything and leaving those special people in my life. But I know that God is greater than all of that. So I pray that God sends me. And so it begins...

I am on my way...

In June I will be traveling around Malawi and Zambia presenting a Business 101 seminar to individuals who are wanting to start their own businesses. I will spend two weeks teaching and learning...working with sewing projects to preschools to farmers. And will be learning more about a cattle project that is reaching many in Zambia. I will be open to any way God would like to use me.

I am on my way...

I was just accepted into the Adventures in Missions program known as the World Race starting January 2009. With a group of others, I will be traveling the world for 11 months participating in different ministries in different countries. I will be exposed to many different environments and opportunities to get a better feel of what part of the world God is calling me...to the ways He can use me. We are stepping out of our comfortable lives and setting out on a journey to serve and grow in Christ. It is about having true faith in God and where He leads and His power. It is finding our identity in Christ! My life is His to use!

More will be shared as God continues to work in my life and heart. I give thanks and praise for these opportunities and I continue to pray, with a servant's heart...

send me!

9 comments:

Jess said...

God couldn't have chosen a better person! Your passion for His mission shines through each and every day of your life and now others get to experience it! I am so very proud of you and to see you dedicate your life and your life's work to God is such an amazing thing! Thank you for being an example to all of us! Thank you for showing your faith by selling everything to follow God! Wow, your actions speak louder than any words :) You are the best sister anyone could ever ask for! I love you more than you ever know!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your willingness to be used! You must be so excited (and a bit anxious at times) about all of the new experiences you will encounter. I am so thankful that we each have a unique position within the body of Christ. Some of us will rarely break the barriers of our country, and some of us (like you!) will travel the world. Your outreach in other countries is something some of us may never experience, but I, for one, am thankful that God provides people like you that are able to travel the globe in service to Christ and share it with us!

Anonymous said...

You are certainly in my prayers!! What an exciting and challenging opportunity! I am happy for you that you have been able to make some very difficult and important decisions to further your dreams, and God's calling on your life. You are an inspiration to me... be encouraged, that your attitude, your willingness to serve, and just the way you live your life is already a blessing to so many!! Imagine the lives you will touch in other countries!!!!

Jessica said...

i love your willingness to go out of your comfort zone to follow the will of God. you are going to be blessed grately for surrendering and being available to His will. you are in my prayers and i'm excited to watch the journey unfold and see how God chooses to use you!

SmilingsMyFavorite said...

Wow Jenn! Amazing! This post reminded me of the Keith Green song, "Here am I, Send Me". I wonder why? :) Have you ever heard of Keith Green? Please tell me you have, even if he WAS a hippie.
Will you sell everything you have but a laptop? That way when you come across a wireless internet provider (like the many they are bound to have in third world countries) you can still blog! :)

Alicia said...

Jenn,
I am so excited for you and this wonderful opportunity. You've prayed and waited for awhile now to see where God will lead you, and now that you know, you will still have to pray and wait for the time to come! :) You are such an amazing example of true faith.

CRAZY BLOOD said...

Praise the Lord you got accepted!!! I am sure that God has some great God-Adventures awaiting you!

Anonymous said...

Congrats. Let us know if you need any help in the next several months before you go.

Scott Melanie and Gretchen

Ponz, Lil Ponz, Real Lil Ponz and Baby Ponz said...

One word. Amazing. It is great that you are following God's lead. Congratulations. What a neat way to share your faith. I can't wait to hear more about it. I think Bob Evan's is calling our name...and Jess, Dina, & Ang! Lots of love!