Monday, August 20, 2007

Time

As I thought about this past weekend and just how I was going to be able to share all that took place, one word came to mind...Time...

Why? Because it really was time well spent...time I enjoyed...and time that I valued...

Friday night we all had a great (note to parents: notice I didn't use "amazing" :) time at a bonfire. We enjoyed delicious food, laughed at the funny things Grace did or said, and just spent time catching up with each other. It is always nice when we all can just get together and relax...did mention the delicious food? :).

Saturday, I spent time being a little creative. I took the sketch that I posted about a few days ago and added charcoal to it...hmmm...charcoal that ended up staining my clothes later that night :)...but it was all worth it. I am not the best at art by any means, but there is something so freeing about it. And I am glad that I take the time to enjoy it!

Later that night I had a wonderful time with two wonderful ladies in my life as we had a fantastic night on the town! Our original plan was to paint some pottery before heading to one of the best restaurants in the area...Hana Yori's. But as we pulled into the complex where the pottery place was to be located, we realized that they no longer were in business and we all just started laughing. Since we weren't in need of gourmet food for our pets or clothing for our pets, which was the business that now inhabited the space, we changed our plans. We ended up at Friday's enjoying delicious drinks and having a fun time taking pictures, recording a video clip, and just spending time in good conversation. I don't remember laughing so much. We then enjoyed an incredible dinner at Hana Yori's! I completely enjoyed this time with these ladies as the time we spent together strengthened our friendship and allowed us to learn more about each other.

Sunday night I spent time sharing about my trip to Malawi with a sunday school class. As nervous as I was, I really appreciated their interest and the fact that they took the time to listen, learn, and hopefully get an idea of just how God can use each one of us to reach out to others. So I thank them for that time. I thank God for each precious moment He gives us.

Time is valuable...so how do you spend your time?

5 comments:

Angela said...

I love that you are enjoying so many great moments in life! Love the sketch. You have so much talent! And I love you! :)

Anonymous said...

I am happy tht you had a good weekend. You are too cute.

Greg L.

Jess said...

jenn, i can't begin to even describe the wonderful time i had with you and our friends this weekend!!! your recap was perfect and i am so blessed that we can share this time together! :) thanks tons for sharing your sketch with all of us! i know how hard it is to share that part of you because you never feel it is good enough...kind of how you see yourself sometimes...but to share that part of you with us means that you are letting us in to see the real you and to accept you and love you! thank you for that and for making us a part of your life! as i say apparently in every post...you are amazing!! ;) love you tons and tons and tons!!!

Alicia said...

Yeah! What a great time together. I'm so blessed to be able to share in your life! Love ya. (And I love the picture of us at Fridays! HA!)

Anonymous said...

God does bless us with amazing friendships! I spent time with friends this weekend at the Dave concert.

Jason