Thursday, August 16, 2007

And Then the Rain Came...

I don't know what it was about last night. I have slept through storms before. But last night my mind was racing with so many thoughts. My heart was beating fast with every lightning strike and with the thunder that shook the entire house. It was as if the storm was right in my room. I closed my eyes, but could not sleep, just listened...

and listened...

It was intense. So I decided to stop fighting the sleeplessness, grabbed the pencil and sketching paper off of my nightstand and started to sketch the feeling of that moment. And as each line formed it created the image of the passion and intensity I once experienced in Barcelona...just watching the movement and passion of a particular flamenco dancer. I don't really remember what she looked like, but each movement remains a detailed memory, feeling. Each movement was done with purpose, with emotion. And it all reminded me...shouldn't life be like that?...

Shouldn't each of our actions reflect such passion? Shouldn't each of our actions be done with a purpose...the purpose of showing God's love? Shouldn't we let God fill us completely with the desire and passion to do His will?
Shouldn't that passion be seen in us?

And then the rain came...

It was peaceful, it was almost 2:00am, and I drifted off to sleep...

Philippians 2:13
"for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are beautiful! You have so much pasion!

Greg L.

Jess said...

jenn, that is such an awesome post!!! your word assimple as they are speak volumes!! thanks tons for sharing and love you lots!!!!