Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Honesty!

Can I just say how much I enjoy Mondays. I know that sounds crazy. It is the beginning of the work week. How can anyone enjoy, let alone look forward to Mondays? That answer is easy. It is because of this safe place that I have. You see every other Monday evening I get to join some fabulous women for a few hours of Bible study. I want to say that this group started two years ago, and still we are meeting and inviting others to join. What we learn is amazing. What we talk about is encouraging. Each one of these ladies brings so much to the discussion as we all have different pasts and experiences, but yet are similar. We may face different struggles, but we struggle. We may celebrate different blessings, but we are blessed. And when I am in this group, when I am sharing with this group, I can be honest. Oh honesty. So many times we try to play roles in our lives. And to just have that security to be real, to be honest about what we do, what we face, what we feel...to just be ourselves knowing that we won't be judged, but loved....isn't that nice. That is what this group is...honest. Isn't it time we are real with others as well? Shouldn't we be able to be who we truly are in every relationship...shouldn't we be honest with ourselves? I don't know if this post makes any sense, but it is just something I wanted to share.

I hope you find that confidence and strength through Christ to be who you truly are at all times, to do what you are meant to do, knowing that God is working through your weaknesses, blessed each one of us with special gifts, and adores the uniqueness of you, the One He created.

Let's just be honest...

2 comments:

Jess said...

Wow, I can be honest and say that I love this post! :) I agree with you...the Monday night Bible Study is something special and I feel so blessed to be a part of it. Honesty should be carried out in all parts of our lives...great message! Love you tons and tons!

Dina said...

HOnesty is my #1 policy. You know me......