Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Waiting

Last night I shared with my bible study group a few scripture verses that really spoke to me. We have talked before how we sometimes bargain with God, how we want undisputable proof that He is there, that He wants us to do something...we just want a sign sometimes. We begin to question ourselves and we question God. Sometimes a little doubt exists. Sometimes fear gets the better of us. Sometimes we let life's struggles discourage us.

In Judges 6:15-18 I see that doubt, that questioning in Gideon. It states, "But Lord", Gideon asked, "how can I save Israel? My clan is the weakest in Manasseh, and I am the least in my family." The LORD answered, "I will be with you, and you will strike down all the Midianites together." Gideon replied, "If now I have found favor in your eyes, give me a sign that it is really you talking to me. Please do not go away until I come back and bring my offering and set it before you." And the LORD said, "I will wait until you return."

The Lord said he will wait! I was amazed at the patience the Lord had with Gideon and I am sure the Lord has with me. As I battle the doubt, He is waiting patiently for me to return to Him. As I question His calling, He is waiting patiently for me to return to Him. As I get burdened with life's struggles, He is waiting patiently for me to return to Him.

What a message of Hope!

1 comment:

Jess said...

What a great message!!! God has that patience with all of us and it is incredible! We are so lucky that he doesn't give up on us, but waits for us to lean on Him! Awesome and thanks tons for sharing!!! It was the perfect message to start my day today! Love you tons and tons!