Friday, September 08, 2006

Support

No matter what she says, her eyes say it all. They express the love she feels for others and the encouragement, excitement, and comfort she has. She speaks from the heart. She is one of the people in my life who supports me and encourages me, in all the areas of my life. She challenges me in my walk of faith, my vulnerability, my attitude, my humility, etc. No matter how small a step I take, she is there cheering me on. Together we praise God for all He as done and continues to do in our lives and all around us. Her support, love, and encouragment is definitely a blessing in my life. She is my sister and my friend.

As much as I appreciate the support and love she provides, I would be mistaken to give her all the credit. That love that she shares, that encouragement and support that she expresses, comes from God. She lets Him work through her. She lets His love shine through her.

Just as I can not give her all the credit, I too can not take all the credit for the successess I have had or will have, for they would not exist without the love and support of God. As we learned this past Tuesday, He is faithful and steadfast!

Without the support and love of God, of family (like twin sisters and amazing parents!), of friends, of someone who really believes in us, where would we be? What would we accomplish? They are the ones lifting us up, challenging us, loving us!

Have you taken the time to thank those who support you?

1 comment:

Jess said...

Jenn, you are so sweet! I can't thank you enough for the kind words. I feel like I am the one that should thank you for all of your love and support! I can lean on you when I need comfort. I can turn to you when I need advice. I can run to you when I need a sister that makes me laugh, that encourages me, and that inspires me. Thanks to a wonderful God for putting this amazing relationship in my life! I am so very proud of you, who you are, and the plans God has for you. So in reference to your last question, thank you Jenn for all that you do, share, and give!!!!...especially if it happens to be breaded squash :):):) Love you tons and tons and tons!!