Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Everything

I just received a wonderful email from my sister today. This is her first day back to work after our vacation, and she has such a great attitude. She is just so full of thanks today. And so am I! I know exactly how she is feeling. I don't know what makes today different than any other day. I don't know why I am noticing all the blessings I have in my life. When I look around at all that I have, it is so apparent that it is more than I ever need. Honestly, it makes me want to just get rid of so much...to make life simpler...to share with others everything I have. You know that scripture verse that talks about giving up everything and following Christ? That is something I have been thinking a lot about. I mean to give up everything...how could one do that? It is such a scarey thought...but lately it has been something exciting as well. Exciting to have such a faith to really take that step and give up everything to follow the call of Christ. I don't know...I don't even know what I am called to do, but I really desire to reach that level of faith...to conquer the doubt and fear that I have...to see beyond the happiness I feel now to be filled only by the immeasurable happiness and love that can be found in Christ.

1 comment:

Jess said...

Amen Sister ;):):) We have so much to be thankful for and it is such a neat feeling to be full of thankfulness! I am totally thankful for you and for the bond that we have. I can't describe how happy you make me, but I know I owe everything I have and am to God! Love you tons and tons!!!