Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Back To Reality...

What an amazing vacation! I was in the company of great friends and many cultures...and even had time to myself. It was a vacation that definitely went too fast, but one where I enjoyed every minute. One of the amazing things that I enjoyed, besides spending some time with the Hahn's at the Mayan ruins of Tulum and eating some of their salsa :), was my time to myself in the mornings...especially when my loving sister trusted me enough to actually be by myself :)....I do love your protective nature though Jess :). I woke up all but one morning to watch the sunrise and to read. It was a great way to start the day, even though it only meant getting 4 hours of sleep a night. Some mornings were cloudy, but still the sunrise was beautiful and the mornings were peaceful. Another wonderful moment took place throughout the entire trip. Being the only single one in the group I had the unique opportunity to observe the wonderful couples I traveled with. Not only did they include me in everything, but I was able to watch them interact as couples. Each couple showing love and affection in different ways and each couple just enjoying their time and experience together. It was just nice seeing how well they complement each other. Now the vacation is over and it is back to reality. But really not much has changed. Besides missing the endless supply of food :), I am still surrounded by these amazing couples, the sun rises every morning and is just as beautiful here, and the cultures are still out there ready for me to experience. I guess vacation just opened my eyes a little more to see what is all around me...even here at home.
Of course I have pictures of this wonderful vacation. See Below...and enjoy!

2 comments:

Jess said...

Great great great post!!! What true insight you have! I love reading your blog and I love the thoughts that you share!!!! You are so amazing :) Love you tons and tons!!

Alicia said...

We did have a great time together and thanks for sharing all your great pics! I'm glad you enjoyed your time in Tulum. Me too! Even though I don't know how you ate that salsa!! Owchiwawa!! :)