Friday, December 09, 2005

The What If Game

Ever find yourself playing the what if game? About a week ago I was playing that game. What if I had done this? What if I had chosen this? What if I had said no? What if I had said yes? At first, I considered some of my choices..."bad" choices. But the more I thought about things, I began to realize all the stuff I would have missed out on if I hadn't chosen the path I am traveling. Maybe I had some missed opportunities along the way, but then again maybe I wasn't ready for those opportunities. Our paths aren't straight and I think we learn something and even gain something from each choice we make. I don't know...I just feel like the path I am traveling, the life I am living is preparing me for something wonderful. I can't explain in words, but it is a feeling that gives me hope everyday...and gives me the strength to appreciate my life...and all the choices I make as long as God remains at the center.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know I play that game. The funny thing is I am happy where I am now, but I begin to question whether this is really the path I am supposed to be following. I think that we all question sometimes.